A database is an organized collection of data, the collection of schemas, tables, queries, reports, views and other objects. The data are typically organized to model aspects of reality in a way that supports processes requiring information, like modelling the availability of rooms in hotels in a way that supports finding a hotel with vacancies.
Plugins that generate site statistics for you can rapidly create large amounts of data. Every visitor can cause something to be written to the database. Actually, that’s not a problem, but if you have a limited database size it could be. And in case you are moving the database for any reason, its size will impact the export and import time. This won’t stop the statistics plugins from working or damage your database.
phpMyAdmin program is used to manipulate your database. A good hosting package should have this included.
Accessing phpMyAdmin provides information on accessing phpMyAdmin under various server control panels.
Here are the steps to Empty your Database:
- You should login to phpMyAdmin on your server.
- Select “Databases” from the main login screen
- Select your WordPress database.
- There will appear all the tables in the WordPress.
- Check the box on the left of the table you wish to empty.
- Highlight and click the “Empty” option from the drop-down menu.
- You will get a confirmation screen.
- Click “Yes” and you will be returned to viewing all the tables in your database and have the specified table’s contents emptied.
That’s it! Hope this was helpful for you, guys!