Let’s see what are theme frameworks in general and what’s their functionality.
So, first we should note that frameworks are for theme developers. They include a set of standards for theme developers to use in creating their own themes.
They’re a set of functions/features that are created to aid development.
- Frameworks are packaged within a single folder.
- Developers drop the framework folder into a new parent theme and load the framework.
- Users create a child theme based on the parent theme to store their customizations, allowing both the framework and parent theme to be updated.
Some Theme Frameworks may include pre-defined code to facilitate further Theme development, like:
- Custom functions to be used in the Theme
- Action hooks used in the Theme template
- Custom filter hooks used to output Theme content
- Theme options page integration
- Custom callbacks for core WordPress action and filter hooks
- Script library integration and functionality, e.g. jQuery sliders
This much, guys! Hope this article was helpful for you!