WordPress powers everything from simple websites, to blogs, to complex portals and enterprise websites, and even applications.
WordPress combines simplicity for under-the-hood complexity. This is what makes it flexible while still being easy-to-use.
I’ll introduce you some of the features that come as standard with WordPress. Anyway, there are literally thousands of plugins that extend what WordPress does. So the actual functionality is nearly limitless. You can do whatever you like with the WordPress code. Extend it or modify in any way or use it for commercial projects without any licensing fees. That is the coolness of free software, as free refers not only to price but also the freedom to have complete control over it.
Here are some of the features that we think that you’ll love.
- Simplicity makes it possible for you to get online and get publishing, quickly. Nothing can get in the way of you getting your website up and your content out there. WordPress is made to make that happen.
- Flexibility makes it easy for you to create any type of website you want. It can be a personal blog or website, a photo blog, a business website, a professional portfolio, a government website, a magazine or news website, an online community, even a network of websites. You may make your website beautiful with themes, and extend it with plugins. You may even build your very own application.
- Publish with Ease You may create Posts and Pages, format them easily, insert media, and with the click of a button your content is live and on the web.
- Publishing Tools You can easily manage your content. You can create drafts, schedule publication, and look at your post revisions. You can make your content public or private, and secure posts and pages with a password.
- User Management Administrators manage the site, editors work with content, authors and contributors write that content, and subscribers have a profile that they can manage. So not everyone requires the same access to your website. You can have a variety of contributors to your website. Let others simply be part of your community.
- Media Management You can drag and drop your media into the uploader to add it to your website. You can add alt text, captions, and titles, and insert images and galleries into your content. WordPress has even added a few image editing tools you can have fun with.
- Full Standards Compliance Every single piece of WordPress generated code is in full compliance with the standards set by the W3C. Your website will work in today’s browser. It will maintain forward compatibility with the next generation of browser. Your website will stay a beautiful thing, now and in the future.
- Easy Theme System You can upload your own theme with the click of a button. It will only take a few seconds for you to give your website a complete makeover.
- Extend with Plugins WordPress is packed full of features. For every user, for every other feature there’s a plugin directory with thousands of plugins. You can add complex galleries, social networking, forums, social media widgets. You can also add spam protection, calendars, fine-tune controls for search engine optimization, and forms.
- Built-in Comments WordPress’s comment tools give you all you need to be a forum for discussion and to moderate that discussion.
- Search Engine Optimized WordPress is optimized for search engines right out of the box and for more fine-grained SEO control. There are plenty of SEO plugins to take care of that for you.
- Multilingual There are more than 70 languages available in WordPress . If you’re building the website for would prefer to use WordPress in a language other than English, that’s easy to do.
- Easy Installation and Upgrades WordPress is very easy to install and upgrade. If you’re happy using an FTP program, you may create a database. You can upload WordPress using FTP, and run the installer. If you’re not familiar with FTP, plenty of web hosts offer one-click WordPress installers that let you install WordPress with, well, just one click!
- Importers WordPress has importers for blogger, LiveJournal, Movable Type, TypePad, Tumblr, and WordPress. If you’re ready to make the move, it’s made it easy for you.
- Own Your Data If you’ve ever used a hosting service that disappeared, you know how traumatic that can be.Using WordPress means that no one has access to your content. You own your data, all of it — your website, your content, your data.
- Freedom WordPress is licensed under the GPL that was created to protect your freedoms. You can use WordPress in any way you choose. You can install it, use it, modify it, distribute it. Software freedom is the foundation that WordPress is built on.
- Community WordPress has a vibrant and supportive community. You can ask a question on the support forums and get help from a volunteer. You can attend a WordCamp or Meetup to learn more about WordPress, read blogs posts and tutorials about WordPress. Community is at the heart of WordPress, it makes it what it is today.
- Contribute You can help to build WordPress You can answer questions on the support forums. You can write documentation, translate WordPress into your language. You can speak at a WordCamp, write about WordPress on your blog. Whatever your skill, you can become a part of it!
Hope you liked this article, guys!