It declares a party’s policy on how it collects, stores, and releases personal information it collects. It informs the client what specific information is collected, and whether it is kept confidential, shared with partners, or sold to other firms or enterprises. It’s important to have a solid policy not only to avoid trouble but also improve your business-customer relationship.
- Information that you collect about users visiting your website.
- Easy opting-out and explanation on how it works.
- Methods used to collect information, e.g. cookies and web beacons, registration, comment forms, etc.
- Mention all third-party advertisers that are collecting user information on your website like Google Adsense.
- Add your contact information so that users can reach out if they have questions.
- State that the policy will be updated regularly, if you’re actually going to. 🙂
4. Make sure you add your own contact information and business name before hitting the publish button!
1 . Go to Appearance » Menus page and create a new custom menu.
2 . Find ‘Custom Menu’ widget under the list of available widgets.
3 . Select the custom menu you created earlier in the widget settings and then click on the save button.